Re: Re[2]: FreeBSD Ports: bumping haproxy from v1.2.18 -> v1.4.x

From: joris dedieu <joris.dedieu#gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 18:26:14 +0100

> Also, changing -devel right now at the same will cause all sorts of
> support issues as people deal with the migration - not everyone reads
> the UPDATING file before issuing "portupgrade -a".

Even a solution should be to mark the haproxy-devel has "Moved" (see /usr/ports/MOVED)
I see in portupgrade's man page that there is an --ignore-moved switch. So we can suppose
that portupgrade reads MOVED file.

So maybe :
moving haproxy-devel to haproxy13
creating haproxy14 and an haproxy15-devel (when time will come) should be a solution.

For now, I think the best idea is to open a pr and see what FreeBSD ports teem think about it.

Cheers,

Joris Received on 2010/02/26 18:26