HAProxy RRD Graphs in perl

From: duncan hall <duncan#viator.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 16:38:15 +1100

Hi All,

I have been writing a perl script for creating RRD files, logging and graphing the current sessions, queue length and status of backend servers in my environments.

It uses either the CSV output from the status page for remote monitoring or the output from the local haproxy unix socket.

For those of you who are interested I have put a copy of the script online at http://www.loddington.com/hagraphs/Haproxy-rrd.pl.gz or a text version here: http://www.loddington.com/hagraphs/Haproxy-rrd.pl.txt

Some example graphs of a backend server pool of 4 servers, capturing the sessions per server, the queues and outages.

http://www.loddington.com/hagraphs/QH-www-3hour.png
http://www.loddington.com/hagraphs/QH-www-12hour.png
http://www.loddington.com/hagraphs/QH-www-1day.png
http://www.loddington.com/hagraphs/QH-www-3day.png

I don't claim to be a good perl programmer, but hopefully this will be of use to some of you.

Regards,

Duncan Received on 2010/03/04 06:38