dynamic referer protecion

From: Miko³aj Radzewicz <radzewicz#gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 19:54:19 +0100

Dear Sir,
I have been using haproxy for a couple of weeks in some basic configuration. Since 2 weeks we have been suffering from some DoS attacks to our web servers which made them causes 500 due to extreamly high number of connections. All of them are caused through the referers - links(urls) to our web servers are put on very load pages causing run out of pool of connection on our web servers. Is it some way to protect our infrastructur using haproxy? Are you planning to add sth like that in the future?
thx in advance!

MR