Re: 1.4.3 and statistics error

From: Willy Tarreau <w#1wt.eu>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 21:28:19 +0200

On Fri, Apr 02, 2010 at 01:44:28PM +0200, Corin Langosch wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I just upgraded to 1.4.3 and noticed the new hover feature in the
> statistics. It looks nice, but the values confuse me a little:
>

> Queue Session rate Sessions Bytes Denied Errors
> Warnings Server
> Cur Max Limit Cur Max Limit Cur Max Limit Total
> LbTot In Out Req Resp Req Conn Resp Retr Redis
> Status LastChk Wght Act Bck Chk Dwn Dwntme
> Thrtle
> Frontend
> _245_ _437_ - 48 220 2500 _130817_
> 59914142 344892180 0 0 543
>

> OPEN
>

> The hoverings show:
> cur: 254 req/s
> max: 461 req/s
> total: 130810 req/s
>
> Other than that it's running fine :-)

It's not an error, it's because some of your requests are processed in keep-alive (you have option http-server-close enabled). So you generally have more than one request per connection, and at the same time you can get connections without requests.

I know it's not very obvious when reading the stats, but I don't know how to present that to be more understandable. A colleague recently showed me how to make multi-line tooltips, so I think I will attempt to do that in order to put a bit more explanations with the numbers.