Location rewriting

From: Craig Craig <craig#haquarter.de>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 20:18:15 +0200 (MEST)

Hi,

I'm currently using two frontends on different ports for SSL/non-SSL Traffic. I run stunnel for SSL-termination, it forwards to one of the frontends.

Unfortunately, it seems that haproxy on the non-ssl backend can't redirect a request to /$foo to https://mydomain.com/$foo ($foo is meant to be a variable...). You can already guess why I want this: it be a nice option to be able to fix websites/webapps with lots of hardcoded URLs to http://mydomain.com so that they always get redirected to the secure version. Not a very nice solution - I know. I guess, it would be the best thing to be able to use external scripts for rewriting, what do you think? Or is it possible to do this cleanly with some option I haven't seen? I thought about somehow rewriting headers, inserting a Location header etc. - but could that work?

Best regards,

Craig Received on 2010/04/06 20:18