Please contribute haproxy info and stat samples

From: John Feuerstein <john#feurix.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 02:28:35 +0200

I'm writing an interactive ncurses frontend for haproxy called hatop. It has a similar appearance like top(1) but supports multiple modes (think "viewports") to present the vast amount of data in near realtime.

All communication happens over the unix socket. I want to embedd a CLI to be able to shoot commands at haproxy, while one of the future milestones is a full ncurses menu to send specific admin commands for the currently selected service (eg. set maintenance mode for server)

Anyways, for now I'm limited by my own set of fake data that I've created according to the format documentation.

Since the IRC channel is mostly idle I'll ask here :-)

Please send me *your* haproxy-sample.gz, created as follows:

  printf 'show info;show stat;' |
  socat stdio unix-connect:/path/to/your/haproxy.socket |   gzip > haproxy-sample.gz

to john#feurix.com (please do not pollute the list!).

You can enable the stats socket by adding this to the global section:

  stats socket /var/run/haproxy/haproxy.sock mode 0600 level admin

(consult the documentation for more detail)

Thanks! :-)

For the interested, this is what I've got so far. It started as an idea last night and evolved into a neat hack today:

  git clone git://labs.feurix.org/feurix/admin/hatop.git

Some screenshots (fake data, CLI is not implemented yet):

  http://feurix.org/projects/hatop/beta/hatop-screenshots.html (all)   http://feurix.org/projects/hatop/beta/

                                                John Received on 2010/04/07 02:28