haproxy & websockets

From: Dustin Moskovitz <moskov#asana.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 17:06:14 -0700

Our company is attempting to use haproxy to balance websocket requests and ran into a snag when trying to set up virtual hosts. Using acl rules to divide traffic between two backends is very straightforward and we're able to make it work when using http mode, but we need to use tcp for websockets. Otherwise the proxy never sends the response back to the client.

Does anybody know of a way either to a) use haproxy in http mode with websockets (e.g. tell the proxy to send packets onward as it gets them from the backend) or b) create a host-based rule in tcp mode?

Thanks,
Dustin Received on 2010/04/27 02:06