Re: hanging in syn_sent

From: Guillaume Castagnino <casta#xwing.info>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 21:59:50 +0200

Le mardi 07 septembre 2010 21:52:24, Joe Williams a écrit :
> Anyone ever seen connections to haproxy hang in a syn_sent state and then
> fail while other connections (to/from the same hosts) work perfectly fine?

Yes, I allready experienced this while using net.ipv4.tcp_tw_recycle=1 This cause the kernel silently drop/ignore some connections without any RST (usually when the client is behind a NAT)

If your haproxy host uses this parameter, try disabling it !

--
Guillaume Castagnino
    casta#xwing.info / guillaume#castagnino.org