Re: AWStats and HAProxy Logs

From: Graeme Donaldson <graeme#donaldson.za.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 17:56:39 +0200

Hi Kyle

Unfortunately I think you're out of luck for the moment. We had the same problem, we ended up leaving the logging on the backend/Apache level and put a process in place that periodically ships the logs off to a central server, which runs awstats for all the sites we want stats for.

As of 1.4, HAproxy does have the "option httplog clf" option, which generates logs in "common log format", which AWstats understands just fine. In our case however, we have used "combined log format" in the past, which gives us the HTTP User-Agent and Referer headers, which enables some useful stats in AWstats. Switching to common log format would reduce the amount of information we get from our AWstats.

Graeme.