Status query

From: <guy#desgames.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 14:29:50 -0700

When watching the stats page for haproxy, I'm seeing, on a semi-regular basis, web hosts changing to yellow (Active up, going down) then back to green again on the next refresh. I don't ever see any of the hosts going to any other state, only between yellow and green. We did see this a lot when we started using haproxy, but I discovered that that was because of the iptables connection queue filling up. Currently, iptables is not running on either the load balancer or the web back-ends.

Is there any obvious reason for this? Is it something we should be concerned about? If I refresh the stats page every few seconds I see this happen maybe 2 - 3 times a minute, occasionally more.

Thanks,
Guy Received on 2010/10/11 23:29