Haproxy support for HTTPS (SSL) backend servers

From: Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik#iki.fi>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 13:34:04 +0300

Hello,

I'd like to use haproxy to loadbalance a service that uses (only) https in the backend.. service in question cannot be changed to provide http, it's https only. (I know, it's stupid, but I cannot change that unfortunately..)

I know I could use the haproxy 'raw' mode, but I need some of the ACL features of haproxy, so I need to use the http mode instead.

Does someone have a patch that allows using https on the backend?

If there's no such patch, how big changes it would require? I might work on it if there's nothing ready yet..

Thanks!