backend using check of another backend

From: Aurélien Bras <aurelien.bras#gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 10:47:50 +0200

Hi,

Is it possible to configure haproxy with some backend using check of only one backend ? My problem is that all my backend is hosted on same servers but need differents backend to apply some quotas. If I enable check on all my backend I send too many checks to the network.

Somethink like that :

backend b_mysitetocheck

    server server1 check maxconn 100 maxqueue 1     server server2 check maxconn 100 maxqueue 1     server server3 check maxconn 100 maxqueue 1

And for others backends without the check :

backend b_othersiteXXX

    server server1 maxconn 100 maxqueue 1 # if server1 active on b_mysitetocheck

    server server2 maxconn 100 maxqueue 1 # if server2 active on b_mysitetocheck

    server server3 maxconn 100 maxqueue 1 # if server3 active on b_mysitetocheck

How can I do that ?

Thanks,

Aurélien Received on 2010/10/21 10:47