Question regarding cookie

From: Guillaume Bourque <guillaume.bourque#gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 17:56:20 -0400

Hi all,

Let's say I have 2 sites that are served with the same haproxy instance.

If I go direct to site1 all is fine I'm using one of the server of site1 backend

If I go direct to site2 all is fine I'm using one of the server of site2 backend

But from the web site1 if I clic a link to go to site2 in won't work

instance # 1 and #2 share physical server but with diffrent cookie because they use different backend some are apache other are tomcat.

What I'm thinking is that if I open a broswer to go directly to site1 or 2 all is fine since I have no cookie

But If I click to site2 from within site1 well, I probably already have cookie for site1 in the request and I end with a FILE not found.

I went to the doc and I'm pretty sure cookie rewrite or similar will help me but I would like to have your input on this kind of setup.

cookie SERVERID indirect

or

cookie SERVERID rewrite

Which should I used ??

Another one....

I use this command to dump http data with tcpdump but I'm sure there is a simpler one

tcpdump -s 0 -A -i any 'tcp port 80 and (((ip[2:2] - ((ip[0]&0xf)<<2)) - ((tcp[12]&0xf0)>>2)) != 0)'

Thanks for your input !

--
Guillaume Bourque, B.Sc.,
consultant, infrastructures technologiques libres !