Re: SSLTunnel + HAProxy: advice about hardware minimum requirements

From: Bryan Talbot <btalbot#aeriagames.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 13:10:20 -0800

If you're concerned about the SSL handing of your setup, the openssl command line tool includes some simple tools that can run rudimentary tests and benchmarks.

One simple command to make 30 seconds of serial requests using both new and resumed (if you support it) SSL sessions would be:

$> openssl s_client -connect remote.host:443 -www /index.html

This will give you at least some idea of how many serial (not parallel) requests per second your system can accept.

Apache ab or another http load generators can probably be used to do better concurrent testing.

-Bryan