node frequently goes down on another physical machine

From: Amit Nigam <amitnigam#gobindas.in>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 19:35:18 +0530

Hi, We have just recently migrated from apache to HAProxy. We are having 2 tomcat(TC1 and TC2) nodes along with 2 LB(LB1 LB2) nodes and other DB nodes. We created 4 virtual servers out of one physical server. Using 2 servers we have 8 nodes. We are running two HAProxy instances on LB1 and LB2 one each on a virtual IP, which is being managed with heartbeat. The problem is when LB1 aquires the virtual IP TC2 shows frequent droppings, I can see thousands of retries on stats page, while at that time TC1 runs fine. When LB2 aquires the IP, TC1 starts dropping the connections. Another problem is stat page keeps changing stats related to retries. Even it shows number of retries as per earlier times. I have tried several things including as you suggested smart-tcp-connect, foreclose and smart-tcp-connection, but my HAProxy build (1.3.16) says unknow options for them.

Please help.

Thanks,
Amit Received on 2010/12/23 15:05