RE: Question about using "force-persist"

From: Shaw, Christopher <Christopher.Shaw#moodys.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 12:51:36 -0500

I very much appreciate all of your assistance with this, but I'm still not sure I entirely understand why this is failing. The persistence works for me, using the mstshash (username) cookie, as long as the server with my running session is alive and well in the farm -- even when I reconnect from a different IP address. However, once I cause that server to fail a health check, and it drops from the pool, I can no longer reconnect to that session through HAProxy. Instead, I am redirected to one of the currently active (healthy) pool members.

Is there a specific statement that I'm missing from my config that would cause this to happen? Is there anything else you can think of to try in this situation?

Thanks,
Chris