Re: funniness in the way it handles tcp connections

From: John Marrett <johnf#zioncluster.ca>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 08:01:50 -0400

Richard,

> backend memcached_servers

>     mode tcp
>     balance source

Your use of balance source is probably the cause of the issue. I assume that all of your connections are sourced from the same IP address. This configuration will send all requests from the same source IP address to the same memcached server.

I think I know the reason you are trying this approach; you want to ensure that requests for a specific object are always sent to the same memcached server. I am not sure how you can achieve this with haproxy however. I thought that memcached was often load balanced using the client library but I'm far from an expert.

-JohnF Received on 2011/04/26 14:01