constructing redirects, trying to keep https connections

From: Shawn Heisey <haproxy#elyograg.org>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2011 16:23:58 -0600

I've been looking through the documentation and looking for information online, but can't find anything. Currently I have this in a backend:

/foo/bar.do?prefix=/appnb&page=/baz.do&action=acctno&id=\2\ \3

What I would like to do now is do something very similar, except as a 302 redirect that includes https. I can easily match the URL using a path_beg acl, but I don't know how to go about extracting the relevant bits to construct the right redirect. Can someone help me with that?

Our setup is stunnel->haproxy->apache->tomcat, should that make any difference. We're having trouble with keeping https as https when tomcat redirects the browser. I know little about tomcat or the application, I've been tasked with fixing the problem in haproxy, which is 1.4.8 under CentOS5. The stunnel package has been patched to do x-forwarded-for.

Alternatively, are there headers I can include that would fool the apache->tomcat connection into using https in its redirects? I've been told that if we were handling the SSL on apache, it would inform tomcat and it would just work.

Thanks,
Shawn Received on 2011/05/06 00:23