Re: About to issue 1.4.16, anything pending ?

From: Cyril Bonté <cyril.bonte#free.fr>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 19:42:11 +0200

Hi again,

I answer to myself ;-)

Le lundi 20 juin 2011 19:12:25, Cyril Bonté a écrit :
> While auditing a server today, I encountered an issue with the HTTP
> keep-alive timeout. It just didn't work and connections stayed alive for 5
> minutes (their client/server timeout).
> The fact is that they decided to split their proxy in frontend and backends
> and moved some options in the backends parts. While this is a valid
> configuration if we refer to the documentation, the http-keep-alive timeout
> is ignored because at the time the value is checked in the code (in the
> early request process), the backend is not known yet.
> (...)
> I've started to work on a fix and can try to send a patch soon.
>
> In the same idea, they don't use "timeout http-request" but it looks like
> the same issue exists.

After reading more carefully the documentation, maybe another solution is in a short update in it, by replacing *should* by *must*.

"
If this parameter is not set, the client timeout still applies between each chunk of the incoming request. It *must* be set in the frontend to take effect, unless the frontend is in TCP mode, in which case the HTTP backend's timeout will be used.
"

--
Cyril Bonté