Re: Does haproxy support wccp(Web Cache Communication Protocol) ?

From: Malcolm Turnbull <malcolm#loadbalancer.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 07:55:45 +0100

At Loadbalancer.org we simulate WCCP support (i.e. put your proxy in WCCP mode and it will automatically accept traffic from the load balancer:)  by using:
LVS in DR mode with firewall marks + force ALL traffic for any IP to the local_in...

This gives full transparent proxy aka. WCCP. (without the CISCO hash stuff)

You also need to configure the routing of the clients to go via the load balancer transparently.

The firewall rules required are explained in this doc: http://loadbalancer.org/pdffiles/Web_Proxy_Deployment_Guide.pdf

On 12 July 2011 06:43, Baptiste <bedis9#gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You don't need a load balancer to load-balancer WCCP.
> This protocol has already some builtin healthchecks and has a nice URL
> hash algorithm.
>
> cheers
>

> On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 5:13 AM, 岳强 <yueqiang.david#gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello!
> >         I am doing some work about cache(squid), which suppors wccp, but i
> > don't know if haproxy support.
> >        Because i didn't find any infomations about the wccp on haproxy, so i
> > think you can give me a good answer!
> >
> >         Thank you very much!!
> >
> > Regards,
> > YueQiang