Re: maintenance mode and server affinity

From: James Bardin <jbardin#bu.edu>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 09:00:08 -0400

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 2:52 AM, Willy Tarreau <w#1wt.eu> wrote:

> Are you sure your server was set in maintenance mode, did you not just
> set its weight to zero ?

Yes. I've confirmed that when using a stick-table for persistence, putting a server in maintenance mode does not block traffic from existing sessions.

I'm using the latest stable 1.4.15, built on centos5.

> I think the later can be done on the stats socket using "clear table",
> because you can specify a rule to select which entries to clear, so you
> can clear any entry matching your server's ID. But it's only in 1.5, not
> in a stable release.

I saw the "clear table" in the dev version after I sent this. Since it seems that I'm experiencing a bug in maintenance mode, the proper behavior combined with "clear table" would be everything I need.

If you need any more info to help troubleshoot this, let me know.

-jim Received on 2011/08/02 15:00