Re: cookie-less sessions

From: Baptiste <bedis9#gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 10:31:56 +0200

On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 9:32 AM, Willy Tarreau <w#1wt.eu> wrote:
> Hi Baptiste,
>
> On Sat, Aug 06, 2011 at 09:24:08AM +0200, Baptiste wrote:
>> On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 8:51 AM, Hank A. Paulson
>> <hap#spamproof.nospammail.net> wrote:

>> > So you are saying that stick on URL param reads the outgoing 302 and saves
>> > the URL param from that in the stick table on 1.5? f so, great then problem
>> > solved. If it doesn't save it on the way out from the initial redirect then
>> > it won't help.
>> >
>> > Is the same supposed to happen with balance url_param on 1.4?
>> > If not, I will switch to 1.5. If it is supposed to, it doesn't, afaict.

>> > 302 to the URL with the jsid URL param.
>> >
>> > Thanks

>> Well, I'm thinking of something, let me run some tests and I'll come
>> back to you with a good or a bad news.
>
> Right now I see no way to do that. We'd need to extract the url_param
> from the Location header, this would be a new pattern. I think it's
> not too hard to implement. We already have url_param for the request,
> we could have hdr_url_param(header_name) or something like this.
>
> Regards,
> Willy

Actually, I was thinking of the stuff you developed to replace the appsession by stick tables.
A dirty workaround could be:
- configure the application to send a response with a set-cookie and the 302/Location header, both with the same ID value. - on HAProxy, match the set-cookie of the response and store it in a stick table - when the client send request, match the URL param against the table set up above

I agree that learning a URL param from a header would be cleaner ;)

Hank,
these options are currently not available in HAProxy, even in 1.5-dev6. I guess it will be released in the next 1.5-dev.

cheers Received on 2011/08/06 10:31