Re: haproxy API patch

From: Brane F. Gra膷nar <brane.gracnar#najdi.si>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 11:23:01 +0200

On Sunday 14 of August 2011 22:01:53 Jeff Buchbinder wrote:
> I've been working on an "API" patch, where certain functionality is
> exposed over the stats HTTP service. The "fork" where I have been
> working on this is available here:
>
> https://github.com/jbuchbinder/haproxy
>
> The full patch (which I imported from my old working tree) is here, if
> you want to see just the changes:
>
> https://github.com/jbuchbinder/haproxy/commit/0f924468977fc71f2530837e3e44c
> f47fc00fd0f
>
> Documentation is available here:
>
> https://github.com/jbuchbinder/haproxy/blob/master/README.API

Don't get me wrong, but i think that it would be much better to implement api on top of unix socket statistics interface. I'm already working on it and it will feature strong encryption, authentication.

Just my opinion. But you're right, we need RESTful api for haproxy.

Best regards, Brane Received on 2011/08/15 11:23