Re: TCP health checking for redis

From: Graeme Donaldson <graeme#donaldson.za.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 14:48:52 +0200

On 9 September 2011 14:44, John Helliwell <john.helliwell#gmail.com> wrote:

> Indeed, the httchk is expecting a HTTP response header. I think I can fool
> it by installing a wrapper script on the target which inserts a valid HTTP
> response header - there is an example of that at
> http://sysbible.org/2008/12/04/having-haproxy-check-mysql-status-through-a-xinetd-script/

That could work.

In case someone stumbles across this in the archives, it's worth mentioning that a mysql-specific health check does exist in the current versions of HAproxy and the hack described in the above URL is no longer needed *for mysql*. Nevertheless, the principle described could be used for your redis checks.

Regards,
Graeme. Received on 2011/09/09 14:48