Re: Haproxy -v 1.4.18 and amazon rds

From: Holger Just <haproxy#meine-er.de>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 11:34:24 +0200

Rhys,

HAProxy resolves IPs of backend servers only once during startup. As new EC2 instances get an new IP on every startup, HAProxy doesn't find your new instance. Because of that, it is generally discouraged to use hostnames in backend sepcifications.

You have basically two ways to solve that:

And if I were you, I'd use elastic IPs as dynamic IPs on servers gives me bad headaches personally...

--Holger