RE: syslogd dropping requests from haproxy

From: Sachin Shetty <sshetty#egnyte.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 01:35:46 +0530

Found some more info, when haproxy configured to send logs to remote host instead of local syslogd, it works fine. Definately something to do with the local syslogd under heavy load.

Thanks

Sachin

From: Sachin Shetty [mailto:sshetty#egnyte.com] Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2011 12:57 AM To: 'haproxy#formilux.org'
Subject: syslogd dropping requests from haproxy

Hi,

We have a pretty heavily loaded haproxy server - more than one are running on a single machine. I am seeing not all requests are being logged to syslogd - I am sure this is not related to the httpclose parameter since the same conf file works fine on another machine where the load is pretty low

Anybody faced any such problem? any configs in haproxy to write to a different log file instead of syslogd?

Thanks

Sachin Received on 2011/10/14 22:05