Re: Cookie persistence

From: Holger Just <haproxy#meine-er.de>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 15:18:02 +0200

On 2011-10-17 14:48, Ist Conne wrote:
> HAProxy is supported cookie-based persistence.
> But, cookie-based Load balancing has a patented F5 Networks.
> http://www.google.com/patents/about?id=3MYLAAAAEBAJ

Without being a lawyer, I'd play the prior art card as HAProxy supported cookie based persistence since 1.0 which dates prior to the patent filling.

That said, I think the patent might actually be a nuisance which might produce some serious costs and headaches if F5 is determined to enforce it but from my point of view it will not stand.

Patents... MEH!

--Holger Received on 2011/10/17 15:18