cannot bind socket Multiple backends tcp mode

From: Saul <saul#extremecloudsolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 15:34:01 -0400

Hello List,

I hope someone can shed some light with the following situation:

Setup:
HAproxy frontend proxy and apache SSL backends. I didn't want to use haproxy+stunnel or apache mod_ssl so I use straight TCP mode and redirects, it works fine with one backend. The only problem is when I try to add a second backend for a different farm of servers I get the following:

"Starting frontend https-services-in: cannot bind socket"

My understanding was that multiple backends could use the same interface, perhaps I was wrong, if that is the case, any suggestions on how to be able to have multiple backends running tcp mode on port 443 so I can match the url and redirect to the appropriate backend from my HAproxy?

Thank You Very much in advance.

Relevant configuration:

##--------------
## HTTP FRONTEND
## ----------------

frontend www
mode http
bind :80

redirect prefix https://secure.mydomain.com if { hdr_dom(Host) -i secure.mydomain.com }
redirect prefix https://services.mydomain.com if { hdr_dom(Host) -i services.mydomain.com }

backend www
mode http
balance leastconn
stats enable
option httpclose
option forwardfor
option httpchk HEAD /ha.txt HTTP/1.0

server nginx_1 10.10.1.1:80 weight 100 check

##--------------
## HTTPS FRONTEND
## ----------------

frontend https-in
mode tcp
bind :443
default_backend https-secure-portal

##--------------
## HEADER ACL'S
## ----------------

acl secure1 hdr_dom(Host) -i secure.mydomain.com use_backend https-secure-portal if secure1

backend https-secure-portal
mode tcp
balance leastconn
option ssl-hello-chk

server ssl_1 10.10.1.1:443 weight 100 check

##--------------
## SERVICES FRONTEND
## ----------------

frontend https-services-in
mode tcp
bind :443
default_backend https-services

acl services1 hdr_dom(Host) -i services.mydomain.com use_backend https-services if services1

backend https-services
mode tcp
balance leastconn
option ssl-hello-chk
#option httpclose
#option forwardfor

server nginx2_ssl 10.10.1.110:443 weight 100 check Received on 2011/11/03 20:34