problem with the "redirect" command

From: Eric Kreiser <ekreiser#mzinga.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 10:16:02 -0500

I have a scenario where I need haproxy to add an ending slash onto a uri.

I have tried the following

     acl missing_slash path_end /app/uri
     redirect prefix / code 301 append-slash if missing_slash

this works if the request does not have anything on the query string... it there is a query string - what ends up happening is that the slash is appended to the end of the query string instead of the end of the path

the problem is compounded by the fact that because haproxy does not, on its own, terminate SSL certs - I am forced to put stunnel in front of haproxy to handle this termination step... the problem this creates is that if I try to use the "reqrep" haproxy command (which would be a lot easier in this situation... ) if the rule rules when accessing the site securely... I am redirected to the non secure equivalent.

Is there any way an "append-slash" on a "redirect" can be smart enough to append to the path not the entire URL?

thanks
Eric Received on 2011/11/08 16:16