Re: Appsession and persistance

From: Mir Islam <mislam#mirislam.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 11:16:07 -0800

Hi Baptiste your comment about "peer" was interesting. I am wondering if it can be used in conjunction with a SLB in Amazon. Here is what I am thinking.

Amazon SLB/ELB is setup in pass thru the send the requests as is to backend HAProxies. HAProxyies peer using internal IP or assigned static IP If a proxy receives a request for which session is on the other server, it forwards the request back to main IP of the SLB/ELB.

Is that doable? I am going to read up on "peer" option once I am back home. But if the above can be done, lots of headache in making HAprxoy itself HA goes away.

Thanks
Mir