Re: DNS names instead of IP for acls such as hdr_ip

From: Willy Tarreau <w#1wt.eu>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 16:38:42 +0100

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 09:20:49AM -0600, Gerdisch, Mitchell R (Mitchell) wrote:
> Hi Willy,
>
> I like the idea of being able to dynamically (i.e. without having to restart the haproxy daemon) add/remove/replace acl definitions.
> Is there already a way to dynamically update server definitions in backend blocks?
> If not, that would be a nice feature as well.

No it's not yet possible. It's not something hard to implement either. Some people have already posted patches to do much more (eg: add new servers), which I don't want as-is because there are a number of issues to overcome when changing the number of servers. Just changing the address/port of an existing server would be safe though.