Re: Newbie questions and a bug report

From: Bryan Germann <germish#gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 11:59:40 -0400

  1. See the architecture guide. One simple solution is to set the weight of the server you wish to take down to 0. Then do a hot reconfiguration with the -sf command option (which may only be available in 1.3.x).
  2. I don't think a server is required for the 1.3.x releases, but in 1.2.xyou can just setup a dummy server that points to your HAProxy box. Example: "server dummy <ip_of_haproxy_server>:80".
  3. Not that I'm aware of, it looks like haproxy only support internet sockets.

--Bryan