Re: PATCH: Was: Re: Timed cookies

From: Krzysztof Oledzki <ole#ans.pl>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 23:29:11 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007, Krzysztof Oledzki wrote:

>>> Thank you.
>>
>> OK I've merged your patch.
>
> Thanks.
>
>> However, just FYI, I don't know if you have transferred it via a windows
>> machine, but it was corrupted, there were ^M at the end of all lines. At
>> first I was amazed by so many rejects :-)
>
> Frankly, I have no idea how did it happen. I will try to investigate this,
> very strange. Sorry about that.

It seems that my mailer (pine) changes endlines to crlf of all attached text files. I checked and it had done the same thing with my previous mails. Hopefully it converts it back to the unix endline format when I save them and that is why I never noticed it before.

Just found this (http://freshmeat.net/projects/pine/):

Basically almost all Internet standards use CRLF as line ending for text data... :-)
--- cut here ---

Not sure what I can do with this in the future. I can gzip patches before sending but this makes review more complicated.

Best regards,

                                 Krzysztof Olędzki Received on 2007/10/22 23:29