Re: Algorithms and Hashing (was: Re: Reread of config without restart)

From: Patrick Viet <patrick.viet#gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 11:27:37 +0100

Then hashing with a consistent hashing algorithm would helps. Seems like a cool feature doesn't it Willy ?

http://people.csail.mit.edu/karger/Talks/Hash/index.htm http://www.akamai.com/dl/technical_publications/ConsistenHashingandRandomTreesDistributedCachingprotocolsforrelievingHotSpotsontheworldwideweb.pdf

I have already used libketama for memcache and it performed super well http://www.lastfm.fr/user/RJ/journal/2007/04/10/392555/

Patrick