Re: How difficult would it be to add a link on the stats page to "clear stats"?

From: Willy Tarreau <w#1wt.eu>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 06:26:02 +0200

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 09:05:55PM -0400, Brian Gupta wrote:
> Being able to take servers in and out of the rotation was gonna be my
> next RFE. :) So you are one step ahead of me.

:-)

> Might it be sane to have a separate https web management daemon that
> can talk to haproxy over the control socket you are implementing?

Yes, and in fact it would certainly be the most acceptable method. BTW, it is finally what we're using in our appliance at Exceliance : the web interface controls everything and is in charge of the authentication.

> (Just as an FYI, we are running haproxy behind an nginx https -> http
> proxy, so at least over the network, all our authentication is
> theoretically secure).

OK. But as you certainly understood it, I don't want to provide insecure access to some controls because there will be a lot of people who will use it anyway ; not everyone will install an HTTPS reverse proxy for the admin page.

> P.S. - I am really starting to develop a deep appreciation for what
> you have done here. Haproxy is a real gem.

Thanks, but I'm not alone, many contributors have provided excellent features and very good ideas.