Re: NOSRV and retries

From: Willy Tarreau <w#1wt.eu>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 06:46:27 +0200

On Tue, Jul 01, 2008 at 11:14:48PM +0100, asim s wrote:

> The testing is being done internally with ab or siege to simulate the traffic. In production there will usually be 10 in the queue.
>
> I use to use proxy balancer in apache to forward to rails apps. Using haproxy I set it in tcp mode because all i want to do is forward the connection onto rails.

OK but processing only TCP in HTTP mode is a pure waste. You don't log precisely, you can't check the request validity, you can't force to close the connection, you can't return HTTP error messages, etc...

> Does 'option httpclose' take effect in tcp mode?

No, because in TCP, there is no data analysis nor mangling. option httpclose only works in "mode http". Also, haproxy should complain about the option if you set it in tcp mode.

regards,
Willy Received on 2008/07/02 06:46