Re: Expected haproxy performance inside a VMWare instance

From: Guillaume Bourque <Guillaume.Bourque#gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 12:24:16 -0400

I know Patrick,

I finish my email with " but it's not a very big setup. "

I just wanted to talk about my vm experience. Also RDP traffic is not very similar to http either

For your information, on those server In a vm

On the host server I add 99 Mb transfer and ftp server was not using more than 0,5 % CPU ( in the HOST )

Just for the record, on those host Dell 2950 in RAID 5 with four (4) 15K RPM SAS disk with can write 350 MB of data using 1 rsync transfert.

Also remember that I'M using vmware server free version product on top of centos 5 64 bit

Voilà

--
Guillaume Bourque, B.Sc.,
consultant, infrastructures technologiques