Design decisions: MAX_LINE_ARGS in include/common/defaults.h

From: Mathieu Trudel <MTrudel#mediagrif.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 22:08:28 -0400

Hi,

I'm running into a problem with HAProxy parsing my configuration, which includes fairly complicated and long ACLs for redirecting to different backends. I've looked on the website and mailing list archive, but couldn't find anything.

So, haproxy fails to parse my configuration because of the size of the use_backend directive. I've noted that increasing MAX_LINE_ARGS in include/common/defaults.h to 128, for example, fixes the problem, but I'm wondering if there is a specific performance or other reason for setting the line arguments limit at 64?

Thanks,

/ Matt Received on 2008/07/16 04:08