RE: Cacti templates -- bounty?
I've attached the templates I've built for monitoring backends and
frontends of haproxy.
To install these, you will need to copy the XML files from the contrib/
directory of the haproxy distribution into a directory that Cacti can
reach, and edit the Data Queries "HaProxy Backends" and "HAProxy
Frontends" accordingly (the "XML Path" field. It's also dependant on
having a version of net-snmp that supports embedded Perl, and including
the "perl do 'path_to_haproxy.pl';" directive in your snmpd.conf file.
As for what is created:
- For the devices, you have two new data queries to choose from, they
can be added from the Devices page for each device, at the very end in
the drop-down box, then click "Add". The data queries are called
"HaProxy Backends" and "HAProxy Frontends".
- From "HaProxy Backends": in the new graphs page, you can choose which
backend to graph, and create one of two graphs:
- Haproxy backend traffic: ingress and egress bytes.
- Haproxy backend sessions: total sessions with _reponse_
- From "HAProxy Frontends": in the new graphs page again, you can choose
which frontend to graph, which will include aggregated data for the
backends behind it, obviously. You can create one of two graphs:
- Haproxy frontend traffic: ingress and egress bytes.
- Haproxy frontend sessions: total sessions with _request_
In the graphs and data sources, limits are set to reasonably high values
to support up to nearly 10G traffic, and up to 10000 concurrent
Received on 2008/07/23 18:06
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0
: 2008/07/23 18:15 CEST