Client IP address TPROXY alternatives?

From: Dreas van Donselaar <dreas#emailaccount.nl>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 09:27:13 +0200

Hi all,

I am new to HaProxy and was amazed how simple it is to setup. I am researching the possibilities of using HaProxy to proxy incoming email to different servers. For a lot of antispam technologies we require the client IP address however. Using a custom built kernel with TProxy support is not really an option since we run on many different machines which are sometimes virtualized (so we don't always have kernel access).

Are there alternatives to get the client IP? Can't HAProxy simply sent the client IP address plaintext when the connection has been initiated so the mailserver can intercept that data and use it as client IP?

Regards,

Dreas Received on 2008/07/24 09:27