Re: X-forwarded-for header patch

From: Willy Tarreau <w#1wt.eu>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 22:48:25 +0200

Hi Ross,

it seems I missed your mail.

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 05:40:13PM -0400, Ross West wrote:

> Because I needed it in my situation - here's a quick patch to
> allow changing of the "x-forwarded-for" header by using a suboption to
> "option forwardfor".
>
> Suboption "header XYZ" will set the header from "x-forwarded-for" to "XYZ".

I think it can be useful, indeed, especially for people already dealing with multi-level x-forwarded-for entries, and those expecting to get x-clientip or things like this.

Could you please repost your patch in "diff -u" format ? Also, ensure that it's properly formatted, I see spaces everywhere at the beginning of lines, so I suspect that your mail agent has mangled it (use plain text attachment if you want). Last request : please update the doc entry when adding a feature. Don't spend too much time on it, but I really expect people who contribute features to add a few words suggesting a typical usage of such features.

Thanks very much,
Willy Received on 2008/07/30 22:48