on using "req*" directives vs acls - if only i could tarpit with acls?

From: Jeffrey 'jf' Lim <jfs.world#gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 17:12:47 +0800

hi, folks, as per subject - any chance of getting a 'tarpit' keyword so that I can use acls for that? The notes for req* have this in their notes:

"It is easier, faster and more powerful to use ACLs to write access
policies. Reqdeny, reqallow and reqpass should be avoided in new designs."

While that is true, I hope to be able to get the ability to tarpit some folks. So the question is, will we be seeing the emergence of a 'tarpit' keyword anytime soon? :)

-jf

--
In the meantime, here is your PSA:

"It's so hard to write a graphics driver that open-sourcing it would not help."
-- Andrew Fear, Software Product Manager, NVIDIA Corporation http://kerneltrap.org/node/7228