Re: patch for new acl - 'nbsrvconnslots' (number of maxconn, or queue slots available)

From: Jeffrey 'jf' Lim <jfs.world#gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 01:03:03 +0800

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 11:48 AM, Jeffrey 'jf' Lim <jfs.world#gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 4:38 AM, Willy Tarreau <w#1wt.eu> wrote:
>> Hi Jeffrey,
>>
>> On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 05:37:21PM +0800, Jeffrey 'jf' Lim wrote:
>>>
>>> [snip]
>>>
>>> Comments are welcome.
>>
>> I would like the name to get shorter (eg: "connslots", "freeconns" or
>> "connleft", you get the idea).
>
>> I will ask you to add an entry for your
>> keyword in the configuration manual with a few lines of a use example
>> (where/when this would be useful), and I have no problem to merge it.
>>

> yup. Saw ur comment about this in another email in the archives - but
> sort of wanted to get an opinion first, before i work on the help
> text. Will get that done pretty soon. Probably tonight.

ok Willy, as promised, the patch... (I've attached it for your convenience) Let me know if you have any other comments? I havent actually provided an actual example for usage - but I believe my explanation should be clear enough.

thanks,
-jf

--
In the meantime, here is your PSA:
"It's so hard to write a graphics driver that open-sourcing it would not help."