Re: Hardware requirements

From: Patrick Viet <patrick.viet#gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 14:12:16 +0200

HAproxy can run on just about any hardware that can run Linux or most Unices. The real question is how many simultaneous connections, how many connections per second, and what throughput you want to handle...

In my experience, Pentium 4 with 2GB RAM has been able to handle arround 10 000 connect / sec, and base Core2duo nearly 20 000 / sec, throughputs over 1Gbit/s with no particular problem.

Patrick