Re: HA Proxy as Amazon S3 Content Switch

From: John Singleton <jsinglet#gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 10:52:53 -0700

Hi Willy,

Thanks again for your response.

On Sep 28, 2008, at 1:21 PM, Willy Tarreau wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 12:59:18PM -0700, John Singleton wrote:
>>> Also, is it possible that the server simply does not accept your
>>> Host: header ?
>>
>> I have no idea :) How could I check/debug this?
>
> When you telnet into the server port, add "Host: your_domain.com"
> before
> the empty line. If it fails, it means the server is picky about the
> hostname.
>
>> Should I be rewriting the host headers?
>
> If the test above fails, yes, you'll have to.

Okay, I added the following line just after the other regular expression:

reqrep ^Host:\ .* Host: s3.amazonaws.com

Which, in my estimation, should rework the host line, no? Tried this but still no luck. I do, however, get a different error. Rather than tell me the bucket <hostname> doesn't exist, it tells me that a hashed key (which looks like an actual bucket hash) so something is happening.

Am I doing that host line correctly?

Best,

JLS