questions about finding log errors

From: Greg Gard <ggard#carepaths.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 10:26:49 -0400

hi,

first let me say that haproxy is the best tool around. thanks willy and all others.

my setup:

haproxy load balancing (tcp mode) two apache ssl servers that feed http traffic back to haproxy and then on to app servers for rails, wordpress and the like. it is fast and works very nicely for 95% of our traffic. however, there seem to be some connectivity issues. one was a timeout problem that i fixed i think, but there are still some problems it seems. my log level is debug (for now).

my question is this:

  1. i have many ssl sesions terminating with CD and a few cD in my ssl traffix. the duration on some of these is like five minutes. is that normal?
  2. after i fixed my timeout issue the sH variant errors went away.
  3. when i look at my haproxy stats webpage, i see a few (generally less than
  4. resp errors on ssl traffic, but i am unable to find a regex to isolate these in the log. clearly, CD and cD don't seem to be posted as "errors" on the stats page. what errors does the stats page report. also, does the stats page errors depend on the log level? in other words, if i up the log level to notice or higher, will the stats page report fewer and fewer problems?

thanks...gg

--
greg gard, psyd
www.carepaths.com