Re: questions about finding log errors

From: Greg Gard <ggard#carepaths.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 09:06:13 -0400

ah. ok never mind. i figured it out. it logs the http errors. got it. i also figured out that it was getting all these 500 errors because various clients were looking for favicon and robots. doh.

anyway, if i might consult the hive mind again: 1) wondering if anyone sees anything overtly wrong with my config. the timeouts are high because we have some reports that take 3-6 minutes to run.

2) is there a way to add a custom header with the client ip in the ssl loop? that way i can set my apache http logs to log that instead of always just having my ssl proxy internal ips. i know that there is documentation about using stun or lvs, but haproxy just works and is easy to maintain and this is the only thing i don't have right now, so if i can keep the moving parts down that would be preferable.

thanks. my config (all traffic is ssl):

# this config needs haproxy-1.1.28 or haproxy-1.2.1

global

    log 127.0.0.1 local0
    maxconn 4096
    user haproxy
    group haproxy
    daemon

defaults

    log global
    retries 1
    timeout connect 5000
    timeout client 600000
    timeout server 600000

listen ssl_loop vip1:443 # a virtual ip using heartbeat mapped to two real apache servers
  mode tcp
    option tcplog

       option    ssl-hello-chk
       balance    source
       server real_ssl_server1 realip1:443 weight 4 check # these forward to
http_loop after decryption
       server real_ssl_server2 realip2:443 weight 6 check

listen http_loop vip1:8088 # same vip but on different port
       mode http

    option httplog
    option dontlognull
       stats enable
       stats auth user:pw
       balance roundrobin
       option httpclose
       option forwardfor
       option httpchk HEAD /check.txt HTTP/1.0
       server real_http_server1 real_ip1:8090 weight 4 check
       server real_http_server2 real_ip2:8090 weight 6 check

--
greg gard, psyd
www.carepaths.com