IP address throttling

From: Marcus Herou <marcus.herou#tailsweep.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 06:27:20 +0200

Hi.

A customer to ours is getting real slow response times to our application. I have dug into this for weeks and had lots of theories about the problem and I have tweaked and tuned a lot of stuff. The thing is that only this particular company have problems requesting http://script.tailsweep.com* for instance http://script.tailsweep.com/js/analytics.js

ApacheBenchmark gave me an avg response time of 10 msec...

One thing struck me this morning and I was just thinking about that our application server had a "throttlefilter" some time ago which only allowed X clients from the same IP at the same time. Does HAProxy have something like that built in ? They are probably a couple of hundred from the same IP accessing the service at the same time.

Kindly

//Marcus

+46702561312
marcus.herou#tailsweep.com