Proxying UDP connections

From: Jeff Buchbinder <jbuchbinder#ravewireless.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 15:02:55 -0400

I ran into an issue were UDP connections needed to be proxied (DNS services). There seems to be little resources available on the subject, but I did find some example code for proxying UDP:

      http://tristesse.org/UDPProxy

With a little modification, it was simple to get it to roundrobin between multiple backends, but the health checks would have to be specified separately, due to difficulties in ascertaining health of UDP services.

Anyone up for merging this functionality into haproxy?

Jeffrey Buchbinder
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Rave Wireless, Inc
M: 860 617 5750
jbuchbinder#ravewireless.com
ravewireless.com Received on 2008/10/27 20:02