Beginner's question about tcp mode/transparent

From: Robert Prince <robert#robertprince.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 16:55:51 -0800

Hey folks, here's what I'm trying to accomplish: I have two server applications (database servers, not that it matters), on two different systems. I would like HAProxy to do the following:

The way I'm trying to test my configuration is the following:

Of course this is all on one system, but I have no reason to think it wouldn't at least show me that it works ... ? Anyway obviously it's not working, and any advice would be welcome.

 From reading the config docs, I think I'm close - but not quite there. Here's my configuration:

global

    log 127.0.0.1 local0
    maxconn 1000
    #quiet
    user haproxy
    group haproxy
    # daemon forks into the background
    daemon
    # debug dumps everything to stdout and disables daemon     debug
    pidfile /var/run/haproxy.pids

defaults

    log global
    timeout connect 5s
    timeout client 10s
    timeout server 10s

listen tcp_proxy 127.0.0.1:5432

    mode tcp
    transparent
    server hot 127.0.0.1:5433
    server warm 127.0.0.1:5434 backup

Cheers,
Robert Prince Received on 2008/11/06 01:55